View Single Post
Old
01-03-2012, 04:21 PM
Habs Junkie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Checking wingers on the UFA market are a lot cheaper than good stay at home defensemen. I don't think any guys like Moen have ever signed for 4-4.5 mil(see Komisarek Michalek Regehr Hamhuis etc).

At the end of the day PG has to figure out what price makes sense for Moen and make his camp an offer, if they can geta reasonable deal done then keep him, otherwise you put him on the block and see what offers you get.
Don't get me wrong I completely agree with you, nor was I saying to give Moen 4 million a year, but I want to know who is a good comparable to Moen, a good 3rd liner and a great 4th liner, at his age his size and character, who will realistically be available come July 1st? He knows the city, knows the team and will be a great mentor to some kids coming up ie: White,Blunden, Shultz, Conboy etc. Don't underestimate what experience can bring to a team. If you can find an exact Moen type for 800k then sure go for it. I don't think it will be as easy to replace him as you think.
BTW look at our conference next year. You think letting a Moen walk would be a good idea with all the Neils and Malones of the world running around trying to kill our players?

Habs Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote