View Single Post
Old
01-03-2012, 07:33 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Nash has never been a dish man. He has always been a trigger man.

And if he is a trigger man that is only going to average about 35 goals a year and maybe 30-40 assists. I am not going to pay him 7.8 million dollars for roughly 70-80 points. Ever.

I mean look at Nash's numbers.

He has only had over 70 points ONCE.

Granted you can say that that is because he is playing on a Columbus team with no one. Kopitar has had over 70 points 3 times already in his career. AND he plays some of the best two way hockey around. You could argue that HE has had no offensive support over that amount of time also.

How about Jarome Iginla?

7 mil a season and he has had epic numbers on offensively stunted Calgary teams. 3 90+ seasons and 2 80+ seasons.

Loui Eriksson has quietly put up 2 70+ point seasons in Dallas and he makes just shy of 4.5.

You can't tell me that Nash not putting up 80 and 90 point seasons is all on Columbus having bad players. Some of that is on Nash and the fact that he is easily the most overrated player in hockey.

Especially with that hefty price tag of almost 8 million dollars. He is 27 years old. Seen the playoffs just once in a 4 game sweep...and never shot higher then 80 points or 70 points on a regular basis. Premier power forward? I think that is arguable.

Last edited by Jason Lewis: 01-03-2012 at 07:42 PM.