Thread: Robitaille
View Single Post
Old
12-17-2005, 01:01 PM
Steelhead16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
It's obvious this is Luc's last year, but he was playing very well before he broke his leg. I still think he can turn it around for the rest of the season, but scratching him and only giving him limited ice time when he does play isn't the way to fix the problem.
I agree but I also agree that there is a time when enough is enough. I think Luc has more than earned at least 1 more QUALITY chance to come around. Luc is a smart guy, I'm sure he knows that the skills have diminshed. The coaches and management should sit down with him and say "we'll put you on a quality line (for an agreed upon amount of games) and the production had better be there or you'll be sitting, or you can hang them up". He doesn't have the skill to carry a line anymore, that's obvious. It's part of coaching to put your players in a situation to succeed. The Kings at least owe the guy a shot to go out with all the tools to succeed. If he doesn't, then they lived up to their end and Luc will have a decision to make. Luc has meant a lot to the Kings and a lot to the league. He is a claas guy and deserves to be treated with class in return.