View Single Post
Old
11-06-2003, 01:29 AM
rabi_sultan

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
Quote:
Originally Posted by speeds
looking at Stefan's ice today vs. past games, you could make an argument that he's in a showcase role. Then again, with Savard out, someone has to take that PP time anyways so it could just as easily be coincidence.
I remember a few reports on Stefan here and there I'll put them all down now.

* he was brought into the NHL too early and as a subsequent never really took off but remember he is a top5 draft pick
* he hasn't really busted so there is still a chance of a late bloom
* defensively he's ok
* after a poor season he took a PAY CUT
* a change of scenery WILL do him good

i personally think he'll be a great fit between Smyth and Hemsky, I've said it quite a few times that those two need a slightly defensive centre to play between them and perhaps this is the solution in Stefan as he certainly has the potential to play offensively.

Although he won't be the goto guy like Comrie was but then I don't see any holdout problems with Stefan, as for those who "don't want to see him here" tough luck just think of some of the players brought here like Cross, Ulanov etc that you didn't want they turned out to be great.