View Single Post
Old
12-17-2005, 06:43 PM
Osprey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingFan24
To everyone who's saying that Kings didn't play with effort for the whole game, I disagree completely. Did they get outplayed for half of the 2d period, and two-thirds of the third? Sure they did. But you can't tell me that the effort wasn't there. The other team is on the ice too, you know. And they are also professional hockey players who want to win the game. Just because there are stretches in games where the other team is carrying the play, it doesn't mean that the Kings have stopped trying for the moment. So while it would be nice to see a dominating performance by the Kings for the whole 60 minutes, it's unrealistic.
All it would've taken was for Garon to let one of those late 3rd-period chances in instead of bailing the team out for the Kings to have lost in regulation. People here, you included, would've been a lot more sour on the Kings performance than you are. I personally don't think you would've defended the Kings as strongly as you have if Garon hadn't been the difference. There's a finer line between winning and losing than many people realize.