View Single Post
Old
01-04-2012, 03:35 AM
rumrokh
I Bleed Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
Never thought the team would start losing, but I think they should still trade Berglund if they can get a needed piece like an upgraded actual 2d line center in return. One game where he gets golden chances (that he still can't finish) and people are pulling the "I can't believe anyone wanted to trade this guy" card? Yeesh.
Last year, centers 60 to 31 in scoring had 37 to 54 points and the same range for points per game was .5 to .7. And many of those guys are considerably worse than Berglund defensively. Plus, he's just a few points out of that range in a year when the whole team is failing to score. He's not a #1 center, but he is definitely a 2nd line center.

I'm open to discussion about what kind of 2nd line center a playoff team or a Cup contender needs, or that Backes isn't dangerous/productive enough for the Blues to also run with Berglund, or any number of sensible analyses. But let's be clear about what we're talking about instead of casually saying Berglund isn't even a second line center.

rumrokh is offline   Reply With Quote