View Single Post
Old
11-06-2003, 02:59 AM
Voynich

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danrik
I somehow doubt that the Thrashers, who are off to a splendid 6-3-3 start even without Dany Heatley who's their best player IMO, are going to hit the panic button and make a move just yet. I think they'll let guys like Stefan, McEachern and Kozlov step up and eat up Savard's ice time. And if they start to lose, then they'll consider making a deal. But I somehow doubt that Perreault, in spite of his good faceoff abilities (an underrated skill in today's NHL) and solid offensive skills, would be among the players that they are interested in. They are a very young team stocked with inexpensive talent. Perreault does not fit the bill.

Maybe Atlanta will make moves later in the season to shore up their depth, but I doubt that they'd consider a move while they continue to win regularly. The saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" seems to apply.
Atlanta has been and is still actively pursuing a trade to bring in a center/offensive help. Don Waddell wanted to sign Perreault when he was a free agent and I'm sure he'd still be interested in acquiring him. At a salary point of $2.8 million I don't think this places Perreault anywhere out of Atlanta's range financially. It would put him 3rd on our salary rankings behind Dafoe and Kozlov, but it isn't an outrageous amount of money for a great faceoff guy who can put up 50 points and is good on the powerplay.