Old
01-04-2012, 08:45 AM
J17 Vs Proclamation

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
it's absolutely true, actually.

you may not get the analogy in the UK, but imagine a business in miami requiring that an applicant be bilingual. happens all the time. it's a necessity in many fields. if a business decides that bilingualism is a job requirement and there's a reasonable justification, it's absolutely NOT discrimination. i don't care whether the players or media understand french; that's not the point. the point is that the official language of the province is french.

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.q...age/index.html
To coach a hockey team in Montreal, French is not required. I am sorry, but i do not believe it is required in any way shape or form. At all. The coach isn't coaching the people, it is coaching the team. The team will all speak english (infact, i imagine more of the team speacvh European languages than French). To communicate and coach that team successful, i.e to do the job, French is not needed AT ALL.

Of course they will frame it in such a way to make it appear as if it is required. Yet, i imagine that to make me believe you require French to coach the Montreal Canadians successfully is about as likely as it is to tell Erik Cole to stop diving and being successful.