View Single Post
Old
01-04-2012, 01:27 PM
Tormentor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomast View Post
Just noticed it. He seems to be very skilled player with nice scoring touch. Can you describe him more? Skating and two-way game? it seems that he has catched Ikonen at offensive ability and he seem to be bigger than the listed 5'10. I'd might rank him above Ristolainen potential-wise.
Lehkonen is driven towards scoring goals and making a difference offensively, but his two-way game seems more developed than with most Finnish scoring forwards at this age. He can play a good two-way game when he wants to and can also be used on short handed play. It seems likely that heíll get a good number of SM-liiga games next season, so itíll be interesting to see how his game looks there. It should tell a bit more about his potential and what things he needs to improve the most. He seems good in most areas of the game, but it remains to be seen whether he develops to be truly exceptional in any of them. I might say that his wrister is very good for a Finnish youngster, but that it also requires some tuning before itís lethal against tougher competition. At the moment Lehkonen probably isnít taller than 5í10íí, he just looks a bit bigger on that video because he was playing on a same line with Tanus and J.Ikonen.

I think that at the WJCís Ristolainen was one of the few Finns who actually looked comfortable in a NA rink against teams like Canada, USA and Sweden. Very good size, some physicality, fairly solid defensive game ( =needs work, but good for his age), didnít have much trouble with the higher pace and was decent on the power play. He has potential to develop into a top-4 NHL defenseman and itís not even a pipe dream like with so many other Finnish prospects. I would still have Barkov and Ristolainen above Lehkonen, but Lehkonen sits firmly at 3rd and might surprise if he grows some height, gets stronger and develops nicely.