View Single Post
Old
01-04-2012, 03:48 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfence033 View Post
That right there is just it, though. The only reason for Dubinsky to move would be to free up the space for Stepan, Anisimov, Del Zotto, and the rest to get their raises. ONE of them would have to be sacrificed to get Parise on this team, but the rest would all safely get their raises. Parise isn't greater than all of Dubinksy+DStep+MDZ+Ani+Sauer, but individually? If one goes to get Parise, the team is miles better. Unfortunately for Dubinsky, he is the most likely candidate. He is streaky, he makes the most money, and he plays the position that Parise would be filling. Good player, but you make room for the great player at the expense of the good one.
Thats the thing. It wouldn't just be Dubinsky. It would be Dubinsky and one or more of the other players I mentioned which is why I can see what people are saying. It would cost more then 4 million to bring in Parise that is where other players would have to be sacrificed because of their increasing contract demands.

I disagree with the sentiment of those who are saying "don't move dubi because he is a homegrown". It should be don't dismantle the team because they have grown together. They are two different things and again, I believe the latter would be what it takes (dismantling the team) to bring Parise in.