View Single Post
Old
01-04-2012, 03:56 PM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
What's the point of winning for this season? Finish 8th again? Tired of that crap.

Fire Gauthier and his staff get a high staff and get rid of some dead wood in the summer.

Get ready with a new division and a better team next year.

Tired of mediocrity.

Since 1995 (Roy trade) we finished in the East in:

5th, 8th, 7th, 11th, 10th, 11th, 8th, 10th, 7th, 7th, 10th, 1st, 8th, 8th, 6th

Besides the season Kovalev pulled out a susperstar season out of his hat, we finished lover than 6th 12 of the last 14 years.
Well technically, if we were able to pull off an 8th place finish we'd probably have to be the best team going down the stretch and into the playoffs (or one of them).

I've kinda accepted that this season will just be a write-off and am hoping for the best going forward, but if we were able to miraculously make the playoffs I'd be happy. Just don't finish in the dreaded 9-11 spots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roccerfeller View Post
Salut tout le monde!

I am very excited for this game guys, I hope you are excited to have the new Jets in your building for the first time...and first game of 2012!

The Habs have pretty much been my favourite hockey team since the original Jets left to go down south, and it is a franchise I will always have respect for, its just so storied and is well known to be as "Canada's team" (its pretty much every Canadian's fan or 2nd fav team, unless you're a Leafs fan I suppose )

Its interesting too, because out of all the cities I have been to in Canada, Montreal and Winnipeg are the most similar to each other...Winnipeg is, in a lot of ways, like a "mini-Montreal", we probably have the second rowdiest crowd after you in the league, and we have the largest french community and french influence in western Canada by far, among other things.

Anyways, now that the Jets have returned, I am a Jets fan first before anything, so I will be rooting for them, but the Habs are a close second to me as I have followed them for a long time, and I hope they become Stanley Cup contenders again

All the best for a good game, and I hope the crowd tonight is happy to see the Jets return...even boo's will tell me everyone is happy to see the Jets back

All the best
If we have to lose our playoff spot this year there are worse teams that can get it than the Jets.