Thread: My knee...
View Single Post
12-17-2005, 11:23 PM
vCash: 500
I had several knee problems myself...2 reconstructions and an arthroscopy... The best advice was already given to you (orthopedist andMRI if necessary). If you don't have the money to do that, there might be a few things that could help you. Time away from the activity could be beneficial as usually, small meniscus tears will heal by themselves. A more severe tear would require surgery to remove part of it. If you are a little older than 25, you might show signs of osteoarthirtis. This is especially true if you had a lot of knee problems. I found that taking glucosamine/chondroitin supplements helps to minimize the pain from painful activities. Other approaches that I've never tried also exist (

Another cause for your pain might be related to your feet, especially if they are overpronated. In that case, getting some orthotics or insoles like superfeet might help you.

Knee problems can be casued by a multitude of things and seeking help from a medical professionnal could help you identify the cause of your condition. Good luck.