Thread: Pre-Game Talk: Vancouver @ Boston: Who should start?
View Single Post
Old
01-04-2012, 05:51 PM
me2
Seahawks 43

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossey3535 View Post
Obviously injuries were a factor. But I look at it more like 'why are we using injuries as an excuse when we did almost nothing to compensate for them'.

Like Ehrhoff. How is making him the main triggerman on the first PP unit when he has a bum shoulder putting him in a situation to succeed? Better yet, let's have a dude with broken fingers feeding him the puck on the other point.

In the meantime, you've got two healthy offensive-minded defencemen put out there with a 2nd unit that looked terrible because it had no natural center organizing it.

IF we had done everything humanly possible to cover the deficiencies of our injured players, I would be all over the injury bandwagon.
We had so many injuries it's simply too hard to cover them all effectively.

Rome was suspended.
Hamhuis - an option was out injured.

Tanev is a rookie with no PP time.
Ballard was playing like rubbish.

Henrik & Kesler were hurt. Who do you replace them with? Malhotra - hurt. Hodgson - still finding his feet. Lappy - 4th liner with little PP skill

closest group you can get to healthyish
1st unit of Salo - Bieksa - Hodgson - Daniel - Burrows
2nd PP Ballard-Tanev-Lappy-Torres-Tamby

I understand your point but when you have that many injuries you are down to icing 4th liners & spares and 7th/8th D on your PP you might be better off with a unit made up of the injured stars.