View Single Post
Old
01-04-2012, 06:21 PM
underslept

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic Note View Post
I see it a touch differently.

I like when Elliot lets up a goal, he looks frustrated, shakes it off and gets back to normal pretty quickly. Thats ideal for me. But Halak's body language (to me) leans more toward depressed or sulking.

You got to keep your chin up and say: "Whats done is done, it won't happen again...(deep breath)... ok, I am ready to go... let's win this! (thats what I get with Elliot)

If I put words to Halak's demeanor it would read: "Darn, (under breath) can't do anything right. (sigh)"
Maybe I am off, but as a defenseman reading that body language I would be thinking..." Oh man here we go again (head shake)". My response to Elliot's body language is...(Talking to Elliot) "Its ok bud, we'll get it back...we got this. (stick tap to the pad)."

That difference in mental state can be the difference in believing you can come back and actually do so in the process.

*Thats not to read... Halak is not a good goalie and we can't win with him.
I understand what you're saying here. As a defenceman I would be reading his body language as such as well. I feel like the team knows him pretty well though, so I'm not sure they're always taking it that way since it's quite clear he doesn't react like Elliott would in that same situation.

What I'm getting at is, when he's playing very well and stopping everything, he maintains this type of demeanor and people respect him for being calm and composed under pressure.

It's only when he lets in a softie that his demeanor really becomes a problem, when he's under pressure, I believe it helps the team to have a goaltender who doesn't get flustered visually very easily. I know it would drive me bananas to put a lot of pressure on a goaltender and not see him react. So like I said originally, Halak's demeanor has it's benefits. Depending on the situation it can be good or bad.

underslept is offline   Reply With Quote