I like what I'm seeing!
View Single Post
11-06-2003, 05:20 AM
Join Date: Feb 2002
Originally Posted by
i dont think anyone is intentionally raining on the parade but
A. it's only 10 games in and this team has teased before.
B. and while the team is better, the defense still worries me and no one can deny that that our goalies are playing some great hockeys and winning games. when you actually look at the games and not the score sheet you see a lot of nice saves, often times to many shots being and guys who are still playing too sloppy at times.
you don't say a pitcher is going to throw a no hitter when he hasn't even been through the batting order once. the rangers success will depend on how they improve their current flaws if they do.
i just dont think we need to be gushing over this team every single time they show life which is what always happens on these boards.
they're winning right now, but it's gonna be a long time before we can say they've turned the corner. it's also kinda hard to enjoy something when you know it's built on sand and not a rock. that is exactly why the development of guys like moore and lundmark is just as important as the icetime mess gets or the chances kovalev gets.
I agree with what you are saying but there are some differences in this team than the Ghosts of Rangers past.
- Moore and Lundmark. For the first time in a while there are young players who are making an impact and adding energy to a team that sorely needs it.
- The goaltending is a lot steadier that it has been. Dunham and Markkanen is the most balanced pair that this team has had since Richter-Healy.
- The PK is better than it has been in a very long time.
- There is some character on this team with Simon, Barnaby and Holik.
- There is the semblence of a system.
- This team is winning games against good teams (Detroit, Dallas, should have beat Colorado).
- The Rangers have had major injuries (Leetch, Lindros, Nedved) and are still winning.
- And the stars really have not played to their potential yet.
Yeah its early and they have teased before but in the past the team has been carried by one or two players or lines. The Rangers are getting scoring for most of their lines, the PK has been good, and goaltending has been very good and the team is doing the little things to win. IMO there is no better example of that than Barnaby coming out at the start of the second period vs. Dallas and getting into a fight. It gave the team and the building some life.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by SingnBluesOnBroadway