Thread: Speculation: Brayden Schenn (Carolina)
View Single Post
Old
01-04-2012, 10:35 PM
WeekendAtBernies

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
i kind of disagree with that last bit.

jeff skinner is a great player, don't get me wrong, and will be a great player for a long time in the NHL, but i don't think he'd be an ideal partner for G. He is a small guy who relies a lot on speed and wants the puck at the blue line to take the outside and then cut across the slot, Giroux needs a big bodied winger with a nasty shot who can create his own space and set up top circle or in the slot and wait for a G patented ridiculous pass.

i would say that a guy like Iginla would be more of a perfect winger for Claude. obviously not long term, and no im not saying that i think we should trade for iginla, im just making a point.
Understood.

I agree w/ what you're saying, I just think G, Hartsy, Skinner would be a pretty sick line.

As far as the true "perfect" winger for Giroux, I believe I've already made my opinion known that I believe Giroux would turn Alex Semin back into a 40g scorer, but my opinion wasn't shared by many around here .

I do hope the Flyers at least kick the tires there though... I think having a linemate like Giroux could reinvigorate Semin. And if he were to give max effort on Giroux's wing, he could pot 50g... like I said, that wrist shot is ridiculous.

If he commands a salary around what he's making now, it's an obvious no, but if he comes down in price, it'd be hard to say no...

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote