Old
11-06-2003, 06:27 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFAN
To me its just a matter of if it's working don't mess with it! When players get hurt it's nice to have someone that you have faith in step into the lineup. On the other hand I am by no means in love with Poti. I don't think he is what I consider an All-Star, still to many give a ways and finding himself out of position. I would not lose sleep if we traded poti but not just for the sake of change!

I'm not saying that Poti should be traded for the sake of change. What I am saying is there are two players who are very similar in Bouchard and Poti. One (Bouchard) is better defensively and one (Poti) is better offensively. Bouchard's offense is close to Poti than Poti's defense is to Bouchard's defense. And Poti has more trade value. I am not advocating a trade to change things up. What I am suggesting is maybe Poti is an asset that Slats can use to upgrade another position. If he can get a good defensive defenseman (and I'll keep using Denis Gauthier) for Poti how could you not make that move. You upgrade the defense while giving up a player you can readily replace.