Thread: Pants
View Single Post
Old
01-05-2012, 10:11 AM
r3cc0s

vCash: 500
I just play rec drop/in and nobody takes slappers, so I generally go for 2 things: lightness and durability

I also prefer not having a padded belt, as I am usually a size large 6'1, big butt & legs, but have a skinny waist and it crinkles and moves padding around (i.e. butt pad and thy pads)

I use 3 sets of pants:
CCM Tack 652 - which already has more spine and thy protection than required, has zippers which I leave unzipped, but has very durable nylon on the outside with gussets where you need

My favorite are my Tackla 3500 - given to me by a buddy who finished up JrA about 5 years ago... super duper light and is well form fitted and yet long enough for me @ a 52. These are way lighter than the Air or the last few series, and uses multiple pieces in the legs and even the butt, so I find its movement is the most natural. The outer is also made of a good quality nylon as are all tackla's, but this is a lower end pant without a padded belt and zippers

I have a cheep pair of $30 Warrior Syko 2010, which are SUPER light, uses a 420d nylon (its OK), and is pretty much basic but does have a tall kidney protector.
I use these quite a bit as they're new and don't stink, but the fit is so/so for me, but thanks to the weight, its unnoticable
Size large unfortunately means that the laces do nothing and I pretty much just chinch the belt super tight to keep them on me.
Being a bit wider and not having all the extra internal foam to pad the pads (like CCMs) keeps it cooler on the inside to... who needs crotch or swass

the biggest difference for me, is going to a 3 in 1 jock and just using some Walmart compression underwear...
keeps that area cool and dry... and coupled with those edge socks, the only thing that gets all sweaty is my shinpads, elbow pads and hips.

r3cc0s is offline   Reply With Quote