View Single Post
Old
01-05-2012, 11:17 AM
  #51
gluvhand
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Rockland County
Country: Greece
Posts: 966
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Ranger View Post
I think a bigger area to look at, if 10 per cent of concussions are fight-related, is what is causing the other 90 per cent.

I imagine the problem with this is that those 90 per cent might be harder to do something about.
Agreed. It's not like all concussions are coming from fighting and illegal hits. Is there anything that can be done to cut down on concussions associated from legal hits? Automatic icing or a variation could help a bit but how many are actually attributed to that? It's going to be very difficult to cut down on concussions drastically without totally changing the game and I don't want to see a no-check league.

gluvhand is offline   Reply With Quote