Thread: My knee...
View Single Post
Old
12-18-2005, 12:59 PM
CheeseSandwich*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSBPC
....****ing hurts. It has been bothering me for a while now, every time I skate it feels a little bit worse. Up until now it has been fine once I got off the ice, but I skated last night and it still hurts pretty bad. It is on the inside of my knee, about even with my kneecap, and it is not a bruise. The good news is that it is not swollen and it does not limit my mobility, i.e. I can still push off and my butterfly is still as wide as usual.

I have a fairly high tolerance for pain, I can play through it. My only concern is that if I continue to skate on it and it keeps getting worse I might be sidelined for a while or, worst case scenario, I might have to go under the knife.

I've never had real knee injury, is there anyone that has gone through something similar to this? What should I do?

Also, I have a couple days before my next skate (Saturday)...so I will be able to give it a couple days to improve.

Is it the knee on the leg that's not your good leg? If it is, the reason it's hurting is because you lower quads (thigh muscles) on that leg aren't as strong as the quads on your other leg.

I get that on my left leg (I'm right handed) when I run, or bike too much.

To make it better do some squating, lunges with equal weight for both legs to even them out in the gym.

I've never had the problem skating, but I assume that's just because my skating muscles are even.

It's not anything to worry about if this is the case.

Last edited by CheeseSandwich*: 12-18-2005 at 01:05 PM.