View Single Post
Old
01-05-2012, 12:07 PM
PanthersRule96

vCash: 500
Doubt Barch was oblivious to the fact that bananas can have some form of racial undertones. Honestly, of all the things you can say out there though, he could have easily said something else. Maybe it was a simple mistake, but it's not like Barch said something clear-cut non-racial. There is at least some degree of question in it as to why you'd drop in anything about slipping on a banana peel when referencing a black player, especially with the Simmonds incident earlier this year.

I know worse has been said out there by far and away, but it's stupid to say something like that. For those of you clamoring for his total innocence, would you really be dumb enough to say something like that to a person of color? I don't think he's a racist at all, but I think he should have chosen better words. Fortunately for him, he can get his lawyer/agent behind it and claim there were no racial undertones to it and get off with just one game. The panthers would be smart to just bury it and not make any issue moving forward.

PanthersRule96 is offline   Reply With Quote