View Single Post
Old
11-06-2003, 08:04 AM
rangers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
Showing amazing heart and speed is what Dvorak did here too but that only ended up producing 6 goals in 60 games. He gradually lost whatever was left of his confidence and started to be a liability. I would say he was our best PK coming into last season but that changed. After about 20 games or so it was apparent he needed a change of scenery. I hope he does well for you since I personally am a Dvorak fan but him not producing is a big red flag and what you say sounds eerily similar to what most Ranger fans were saying at the beginning of last year.

Carter has been equally invisible for the most part, he has picked it up a bit lately but I don't like how streaky he is and I think he's somewhat overrated.

Neither team won the deal, though it's too soon to say for sure. It'll end up being a wash imo.
Dvorak is a good player, but he didn`t fit into the lineup. He`s a finesse player, flashy, fast and good stickhandling, but with Kovalev, Bure, Nedved and Mess it just wasn`t room for him. Slats felt we needed a garbage player who could just put the puck in the net and he decided to go for Anson. Even though Carter haven`t produced very well here yet, he`ll get his 25 goals like he always does and I would rather have that than a Dvorak without confidence coming off an injury.

With Bure out for a long period of time it was great to get Carter as a replacement. Slats then replaced Dvorak with Hlavac and ding, a little downgrade from Dvorak to Hlavac, but a great addition in Anson more than makes up for it. It is in games like the one tonight we should expect Carter to get his goals so we`ll just have to wait and see what happens...