View Single Post
Old
01-05-2012, 01:14 PM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
i agree with both PR and catwoman (i.e., the delay was likely to bury the ruling)

this will subside and i highly doubt that a GM's going to look past him because of this comment. i feel bad for him but it WAS a lapse in judgment. i'm not saying it's right but there is a reason people are sensitive - we are not that far removed from the civil rights act.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
PR is on point here. banana comments can often have racial undertones. while we don't know what barch's intents were, he nonetheless said what he said. he isn't a victim. i have to agree with the decision.
Not at all surprised you're OK with this. Absurd. It's easy to slip on a banana peel, Subban went down fast, not racial. Period. People need to grow up? Toughen up?

And don't say different to me. Unless you were raised in a racially sensitive area and lived in this reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
“He said something like it looked like he was “slipping on a banana peel,’’ the source said. “He didn’t mean anything by it. As far as we’re concerned this issue has been over for days.”
Because Subban is black, the linesman apparently construed the comment as being racially motivated. The league disagreed.

From Flakov Blog.
Trevor Daley and another black player came out and both said they have no idea how such a comment can be construed as racist.