View Single Post
Old
01-05-2012, 01:19 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by clmetsfan View Post
Sorry, but I completely disagree with this. It absolutely does matter, because cities have their reputations for a reason (for the record, I don't think NY fans are much better than Philly fans in this regard). While every fan base has its idiots, certain ones have a much higher percentage of idiots.

Someone in our thread about this incident on the Rangers board brought up a very good point, that being that most Southern cities (and Midwestern cities too, for that matter) are far more accommodating to out-of-towners than those of us in the Northeast (specifically NY, Philly, and Boston). Kind of sad when you think about it.
You are 100% incorrect. Think about population size. It's pretty much a numbers game.

Incidents occur more frequently in larger cities with higher population sizes.

Those guys could've run into any member of the HF Flyers' board theoretically and been fine. They ran into a small percentage of fans that would beat them up regardless of sport involved just because they were drunk from Philly and the other guys were from NY. It will happen in every city to the percentage of population size. I guarantee it.

Philadelphia's reputation is ********.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote