View Single Post
Old
01-05-2012, 01:24 PM
clmetsfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
You are 100% incorrect. Think about population size. It's pretty much a numbers game.

Incidents occur more frequently in larger cities with higher population sizes.

Those guys could've run into any member of the HF Flyers' board theoretically and been fine. They ran into a small percentage of fans that would beat them up regardless of sport involved just because they were drunk from Philly and the other guys were from NY. It will happen in every city to the percentage of population size. I guarantee it.
Oh really? Because I've spent quite a bit of time in NY, Philly, and Boston, but also Dallas and Houston. And yet I've seen and heard a ton of more stories about incidents like this from the NE cities than the Texas ones. Chicago and Detroit too, for that matter. Or when was the last time you heard about a bunch of Phoenix fans jumping an out of towner? (assuming they weren't checking him for his papers )

As for Philly's reputation, I won't get into it on the Flyers' board because I know the vast majority of people here are not people who embody that poor reputation, but I refuse to believe the whole "Broad Street Bullies" culture that Bill Clement talked so proudly about at the Classic and the city embraces doesn't help lead to incidents like this.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote