View Single Post
Old
01-05-2012, 01:32 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by clmetsfan View Post
Oh really? Because I've spent quite a bit of time in NY, Philly, and Boston, but also Dallas and Houston. And yet I've seen and heard a ton of more stories about incidents like this from the NE cities than the Texas ones. Chicago and Detroit too, for that matter.

As for Philly's reputation, I won't get into it on the Flyers' board because I know the vast majority of people here are not people who embody that poor reputation, but I refuse to believe the whole "Broad Street Bullies" culture that Bill Clement talked so proudly about at the Classic and the city embraces doesn't help lead to incidents like this.
The Broad Street Bullies were the baddest hockey team around when hockey was a "baddest wins" sport. The entire reason the Bullies emerged and were assembled was because the original Flyers were getting beat around so much.

And while that "mindset" embodies a team and an atmosphere of one of if not the largest hockey fanbase in the United States, it does not increase the percentage of drunken sports *******s that a city has.

The Broad Street Bullies were a team, not a people. The people loved the team, but only the morons turned the game into a real life thing.

The Bullies themselves were vicious on the ice but weren't getting into brawls at the local pubs with Rangers fans.

You might get talked to more or bood more in Philadelphia about wearing your Rangers jersey, but that's not the issue at hand. That doesn't mean you're anymore likely to get beat up by some idiots.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote