View Single Post
Old
01-05-2012, 01:42 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

vCash: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
On the NYI board,we're discussing your d-men and our scorers.Seeing if there is a match.

23 yr old Grabner(10 goals,6 assists),is in the first yr of a 5 yr/$15m contract.
Any interest in Grabner+3rd for Sbisa?
Or Grabner+Katic for Sbisa?

Katic is a small,skilled pmd.He's missing this AHL season because of falling awkwardly and getting hurt in training camp.He is expected to be ready by next season's training camp.A writer said after his injury,that he would have been the 1st callup if not for the injury.
I personally don't believe in Grabner. Never really did. Really fast guy with not a lot of smarts and questionable finish. Didn't really produce a lot in juniors or minors. I guess I could see him being more effective offensively long term than Cogliano, but not a whole lot to be worth much to me.

What scares me is he's exactly the type of guy Murray would gamble on.

I don't really see the Ducks as having a surplus of youngish defensemen though. Especially the more defensive, physical type like Sbisa. I think you'd have an easier time taking one of the offensive defensemen prospects like Shultz, Vatanen, or even Fowler. And an even easier time taking an offensive winger, but you don't need that.

I do kind of like Katic. I actually would value him more than Grabner.