View Single Post
Old
01-05-2012, 01:53 PM
Mkoll
Inkvisiittori

vCash: 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by clmetsfan View Post
Oh really? Because I've spent quite a bit of time in NY, Philly, and Boston, but also Dallas and Houston. And yet I've seen and heard a ton of more stories about incidents like this from the NE cities than the Texas ones. Chicago and Detroit too, for that matter. Or when was the last time you heard about a bunch of Phoenix fans jumping an out of towner? (assuming they weren't checking him for his papers )
So you are basing this argument on only your personal experience? Is your influence so great that you can make generalizations that cities such as Dallas and Houston arent as bad as ones up north?

I too have lived in Dallas (17 years), as well as Philly (12 years), and I can tell YOU that I have seen Dallas fans act worse than northern fans more frequently.

Now, does this mean its true because I saw/heard it? no.
There are two types of sports fans:

1. idiots who get so worked up over a sporting event (because they failed as athletes) they go out and pick fights with opposing fans.

and

2. Normal everyday fans who love their team with a passion, but recognize its just a game and respect human life.

These two types of fans are in every city.

Mkoll is offline   Reply With Quote