View Single Post
Old
01-05-2012, 03:07 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

vCash: 500
I'm a huge music junkie and old enough now that "they don't make em like they used to" comes into play. Meaning, all my favorite bands are broken up or past their prime and all the best albums are from my youth.

But 2011 has two releases that are in my top 5 all time, easily:

Dance Gavin Dance - Downtown Battle Mountain II
Post-punk/screamo with amazing R&B vocals combined with some of the best and most creative musicians with extremely deep songs. The back half of the album is Abbey Road good in terms of flow. Well better than Abbey Road IMO because it's far more moving.

Sleeping at Last - Yearbook

Polar opposite in terms of intensity and style, but even deeper emotionally are songwriting is some of the best I've ever heard. Execution and production is flawless. This is the music that all the hipster folk wishes it was. Completely devoid of hooks, all substance. Brilliant concept of releasing three songs per month (36 amazing songs) instead of one album with half a dozen good songs and half a dozen crap.

Highly recommend you buy it from his website and support him. I bought both the box set and the limited edition cover art, which is gorgeous.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote