View Single Post
Old
11-06-2003, 08:32 AM
#37-#93-#27*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers
Dvorak is a good player, but he didn`t fit into the lineup. He`s a finesse player, flashy, fast and good stickhandling, but with Kovalev, Bure, Nedved and Mess it just wasn`t room for him. Slats felt we needed a garbage player who could just put the puck in the net and he decided to go for Anson. Even though Carter haven`t produced very well here yet, he`ll get his 25 goals like he always does and I would rather have that than a Dvorak without confidence coming off an injury.

With Bure out for a long period of time it was great to get Carter as a replacement. Slats then replaced Dvorak with Hlavac and ding, a little downgrade from Dvorak to Hlavac, but a great addition in Anson more than makes up for it. It is in games like the one tonight we should expect Carter to get his goals so we`ll just have to wait and see what happens...
He didn't fit into the line up? He played with Nedved, yes the same Nedved that he had his career year with. It all went down hill when he got injured. He lost his confidence, his hands and most of all his aggression which really hurt him. I think once he got out of NY he got his confidence back but I would bet his hands and aggression is still and always will be lacking.

We also didn't have Kovalev and Bure for most of when Dvo was here. His troubles extend to the season before not just last year.