View Single Post
Old
01-05-2012, 04:59 PM
jlr
\m/o.o\m/

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
I want Ruff to use the backup goaltender who has played well when he hasn't had to string together several starts in a row, especially when we're playing back-to-backs. I want Ruff to look at things like how players have performed against certain teams and in certain buildings.

At RBC Center:

Miller: 3-1-4, 3.15 GAA, .900
Enroth: 2-0-0, 0.49 GAA, .986

Neither is a significant sample size, but that's what you have to work with. Who knows why Carolina has struggled in two games against Enroth. Maybe Jhonas sees the puck well in that building. Maybe Carolina struggles with his unconventional style. Whatever it is, it's worked in two starts, so stick with it. Heading into a back-to-back, why not ride Enroth's white hot play in that building and then come back with a rested Miller against Winnipeg? Makes sense to me.

Lindy Ruff response:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindyRuff
TL;DR. Here's my 3-step plan.

Step 1: Roll the lines.1

Step 2: Starting goalie starts the game.2 Backup goalie plays when the starter is unavailable.

Step 3: Cross arms3 , make a face that says "mildly discontented".4

1. Be sure to draw names from a hat and create random lines every other period.
2. Them's the rules.
3. If interviewed, be sure to have a list of meaningless cliches ready, including references to bounces as well as health and/or injuries.
4. If things get really heated, I may talk some **** to my star winger, and make him feel like a puppy getting his nose rubbed in the mess he just made on the floor.

jlr is offline   Reply With Quote