Thread: Mid Season MVP
View Single Post
Old
01-05-2012, 08:43 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Agreed. Price definitely deserves it and I also agree about Andrei, I just think it would be quite stupid to not sign him if he's willing for a fair price. If he's traded and signs for a fair contract I won't be pleased

Price has played the most minutes of any goalie and still has very respectable numbers on a team that is struggling. Other guys like Ward don't have nice numbers on a struggling team. Wow though can't believe how well Jimmy Howard is playing this season, I hate to discredit him cause he is a good goalie but Detroit must be one hell of a team this year!
Red herring. That's more a commentary on how "good" Budaj is. I really think Price has been too inconsistent to have a serious claim on "MVP". Way, way too many games down in 0.800 SV% territory, and I think it's telling that he has so few games where he was "statistically average" (which I would say is the 0.910 to 0.920 range). Highs have been really high, lows have been really low. IMO both Cole and Gorges have been more consistently above average in both effort and results.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote