Thread: Recalled/Assigned: 1/5 Wingells recalled; White to IR
View Single Post
Old
01-05-2012, 09:37 PM
bleedteal12

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFtoBoston View Post
Ah, gotcha. Well, I think TOM is being singled out because you never say "Oh look, there is A. Murray" when he is on the ice. On the other hand, you constantly notice Winchester and Desjardins. Even IF Deji can't put it in the net on a breakaway to save his life, he at least gets chances.

TOM and Torrey Mitchell just have not produced at all, but at least TOM can play his position correctly. Mitchell is as useless as a poop flavored lollypop.
TOM is the epitome of an invisibly effective player. You never notice him, in either a good or bad way. Doesn't generate much, but by the same token isn't a detriment. He's more or less meeting the practically non-existent expectations, whereas his linemates are far surpassing theirs.

In any event, I vote keep TOM. Winchester and Desi have proven to be just as effective the few games he's been scratched, but I'd like to not mess with that line if we don't have to. It's been far and away our most consistent line, and I'd quite like to keep it that way.

Also, that analogy to Mitchell is both disgusting and accurate.

bleedteal12 is offline   Reply With Quote