Old
11-06-2003, 08:41 AM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
No way do I go back to the experiment of having Lindros as a wing. We are at our best when our top 4 centers are Nedved/Lindros/Holik/Messier. I say that Nedved is #1 becuase his line with Kovalev are the ones that are receiving the most ice time. I think that the Rosie/Holik/Carter line should be left alone. Even I (whom as we all know am most certainly NOT a Rucinsky fan) have to give Rosie props for his play on Holik's flank. Leave well enough alone.
To me, it is a no brainer that Lundmark should start with Eric when he'a back. And I would give serious thought to moving Simon there for a look. I know that the Messier line has been very good, but I still think that IF Simon can continue his strong play (he was a little silent against the Stars), he should be given a look on Eric's flank. Basically, I see 2 types of lineups that can make sense. First is with Simon on the move:
Moore-Nedved-Kovalev
Simon-Lindros-Lundmark
Rosie-Holik-Carter
Lacouture-Messier-Barnaby

Then there is this thought if Simon is to stay with Mess:

Hlavac-Nedved-Kovalev
Moore-Lindros-Lundmark
Rosie-Holik-Carter
Simon-Messier-Matty

In the second scenario Lacouture is the odd man out. I just think that his place is best on the 4th line and I believe that Hlavac would be even more of a waste on a line with Messier and Matty. That's why I sat Hlavac in the first scenario and Lacouture (who would be a waste with Nedved) in the second.
Yeah, I posted that exact same group earlier and i would really love to see it. I just dont see a reason to go moving everyone around, put the kids back toghter and see what they can do with Lindros. As much as i hate Hlavac, the lines may be better off with him in the lineup.