View Single Post
Old
12-19-2005, 10:01 AM
Kritty

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chubeyr
As a Calgary fan I love this trade! We give up Reinprecht who has done nothing and one of two guys that will struggle to make it into the NHL or even past the third line if they did make it. Let me know if Vancouver and Florida agree and I will call Sutter right now.

Sutter does not like to trade in his own division but he would make this trade!
How can you be saying that about Nystrom or Chucko? Have you seen Chucko play? If you had, you wouldn't be saying what you are. He has definite 2nd line potential as a power forward. As for Nystrom, it's impossible to say at this point what he will do. He could already be playing in Calgary which says alot about his game. Will he be a star? No, but he could very well turn into a 2nd/3rd line guy, a far cry from saying they won't make it.

On another note, I'm not understanding why everyone seems to think Jokinen is this great player. Ya, he's a nice centre, but he's a #2 in my books, a #1 on weaker teams. People can go on and on about how talented he is and his size, etc. but he still hasn't shown the numbers that I would want out of my #1 centre. So I just don't see where all the talk of him being a bonafide #1 centre comes from. Guys like LeCavalier, Richards, Spezza, etc. are #1 centres. Jokinen is not in that group. Actually, Daymond Langkow playing the way he can is nearly the same calibre player in my books.