View Single Post
Old
01-05-2012, 10:52 PM
achdumeingute

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Circle OneTimer View Post
Agreed.

Why are people trying to blame Lavi's system now? The system is perfectly fine. For what i'm realizing its a situation where the defense are just playing like crap with Bryz in the net but when Bob is in they play perfectly fine. We allow only one goal against a Stars team that had scored atleast 3 in each of their last 7 at home and 5 in the games before and after we played them. The winter classic showed the defense was just fine too but the soft goals somehow went in still. The defense for whatever reason plays like crap when Bryz is in the net and much better when Bob is in the net. Its also reflecting on our home and away record. teams are supposed to be better at home .

Either way go and get Tim Gleason/Grossman/whoever else had speculation already. Just go get a legitimate stay at home guy that we dont have to give up anything for.

To sum it up, Lavi's system is perfectly fine. He needs to stop making Briere take defensive faceoffs tho. Thats just a disaster
Briere is a disaster period defensively. I also do agree that we seem to hang Bryz out more than Bob. Perhaps its because Bryz has more starts. The D was good from about 10 in the first to 7 minutes to go, minus a shift or two.

The point about Lavi's system is that it reminds me alot of the Eagles philosophy. If we don't score 5 goals (or Eagles get 40) our chances drastically reduce to win games. We can't win a game when we don't get bounces, because we don't do the little things in our own end as a team to get it done. We forchecked very good tonight, and still had a bunch of breakdowns.

If Timonen is out, I think we have to go after Beauchemin...he's the only guy that can come close to replacing everything KT brings to the table. Gleason's great, but he's a 0 for offense.

achdumeingute is offline   Reply With Quote