Thread: Speculation: Teemu: a faint hope?
View Single Post
Old
01-06-2012, 01:13 AM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipeg Jet View Post
I don't know if Teemu has a no trade contract, but I would imagine he does. Even without it, at his age, he is not going anywhere unless he wants to. So if towards the trade deadline, Anaheim still sucks, Rob Murray go to Teemu and say to him, if you want to be traded, where do you want to go?

Teemu will decline, or give a list. If he gives a list, it might be long, it might be short, but it will be up to him. We can hope. But that's all it is. If Winnipeg is on the list, I'm sure Chevy and Murra will come to a fair and reasonable deal for all concerned. This is going on a lot of ifs, but if it gets to that stage, Murray could even say give us a 9th round draft pick and bag of pucks, or if it's still allowed by the rules, $1, as Detroit gave the original Jets for Kris Draper.
Just FYI, there are only 7 rounds in the draft now. And trading for money is no longer allowed. You can trade for "future considerations" which is usually nothing. Also, Teemu does have NTC.

This is moot if we are not in the playoff hunt though, so Jets need to pick it up for this to even matter.

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote