Thread: Pre-Game Talk: Vancouver @ Boston: Who should start?
View Single Post
Old
01-06-2012, 02:50 AM
thepuckmonster
on the decline

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan68 View Post
Thomas will more than likely get the start despite Tuukka giving up only 1 goal in his last 5 starts. Thomas is as good this year as last year which helps. The Thomas vs Luongo rematch is a must imo.

I'm pretty excited about this game. Win or lose this one we won the Cup after losing the first 2 games, it still feels really really good. I just want to see a good game Saturday.
Oh yeah, Thomas is the goalie to beat. Even if we lose, I'd like to see the boys get a couple past him just for confidence. But, it's likely gunna be a tight game now that the Canucks are fully healthy (aside from Booth, who wasn't there last year) and just two completely different styles of hockey. I know it's a stretch, but Bruins fans really should underestimate Lu this year. Despite a shaky start, he's been playing better than he ever has now. Looks like when he came here and brought a team to the playoffs that had no business being there. Hopefully no one gets hurt, no one likes to see that. We all like to pretend that we'd like to see someone get it in the face, but I really don't think any fan on either side can say they'd feel 'good' about a player getting hurt.

I love seeing the homeboy Lucic too, even though sometime he has his WTF moments.