View Single Post
Old
01-06-2012, 08:50 AM
bsl

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
My evaluation of the Habs kids at the camp.. Tinordi has been by far the best of the bunch showing why Habs traded up to grab him.. Not only he has been a strong physical presence all the tournament long but his play with the puck was actually decent, what was a nice surprise to me..

Beaulieu: The kid is a project at this point, a very nice project but still a project.. While he has obvious offensive skills, the kid also has gaps in his game.. The first thing you learn when you are a kid is always having your stick on the ice and be ready to anticipate the plays, well too many times Beaulieu has his stick in the air floating instead getting closer to the action, kind of reminds me A.Kost when he is off.. Too many times Beaulieu looks non chalent on the ice, something I personally cant stand as a hockey fan.. His backward skating needs improvement, he gives too much space to the opposing fowards and will have to learn to throw his body around way more.. He doesnt react well when pressured hard by the opposition, will have to improve his decision making and learn to sacrafice his body to make a play, I guess it will improve when the kid gets stronger.. His offensive instinct and natural skills are certainly worth working with, but I could see him spend 3 years in the AHL working on his weakness before he is ready for the big show.. Nathan could become an home run pick or could potentially bust if he doesnt understand the areas he has to work on or hasnt the work ethic to succeed.. At this point Beaulieu really reminds me Ron Hainsey, ton of potential but alot of gaps to improve..

Gallagher, his lack of speed and strength has been apparent in this tournament, especially against stronger competition.. He has sick work ethic and will to succeed, the kid constantly goes in nthe dirty areas but his lack of pure offensive skills are a major concern to me.. His shot is pretty average to say the least so are his stickhandling skills and vision.. I doubt he has what it takes to become a solid top 6 in the NHL but could see him on a third line eventually..

Bournival, I got to see alot from this kid and I think he will be a great depth player.. I just love his versatility..

Pribyl?? Hope to see you healthy next WJC..
Show me the skill, or the heart. Spare me the pseudo scouting of 18 and 19 year olds. They're all really good. You do get that right?