View Single Post
Old
11-06-2003, 09:35 AM
Jackson Ranger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGERDIEHARD
Two factors are contributing to the good start;

1- Playing a system that is built for the modern times - This is Renney's doing not Sather!

2 - Discipline - less penalties and adhering to the system.

I don't agree with everyone saying "we told you that youth would help this team". We added one 23 year old to the lineup and all of a sudden it's the youth. Don't get me wrong, I've said it all along that I'm all for adding youth, I would especially like to see Tyutin up with us; but the results are from the two factors above.....let's hope we it continues tonight against the Canes'. Let's Go Rangers!
I'll add a third factor, SCHEDULE!

This team was on the ropes after the horrendous start. They then had four days to regroup. They then had three unimpressive games in five nights against ATL, CAR and FLA. Then had another four days off before finally being able to put everything together and to get some of their better players going. This led to confidence and a fresh team lately which has translated to putting themselves into position to win.

I'm not saying it's the biggest factor but it one of the important ones. We'll see where they are at the end of the month after paying for the time off earlier in the season.