Thread: Pre-Game Talk: Winter Classic / HBO 24/7 Part 2
View Single Post
Old
01-06-2012, 01:15 PM
JanErixon20

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Maybe we're being manipulated by the wonderful editing HBO did, but, you see the contrast between the two teams. The Rangers reveal themselves to be a very mature club considering their youthful status, and with Torts, it was about remembering "to play our game, and what we need to do to be successful". Whereas, Laviolette sometimes comes off as the cliched, "go kick some ass" type of coach, and you didn't get the sense of unity from the Flyers that you did from the Rangers. Again, it could be the story HBO wanted to tell, but, the discussion about the "Ansimov salute" sort highlighted the difference between the two teams in my mind. It's very easy as a Ranger fan, after watching this series, to come away with a very high opinion of this team, from the head coach right on down.
I agree with this, and maybe it's because I'm a NYR fan....but something seemed "off" about the Flyers that I couldn't put my finger on. There is a difference between the teams, but again, I'm a Ranger fan and might be seeing it that way.

JanErixon20 is offline   Reply With Quote