View Single Post
Old
01-06-2012, 01:42 PM
Sabretip

vCash: 500
Quote:
Ryan Miller is four victories away from breaking Dominik Hasek's franchise record of 234 wins by a Buffalo Sabres goaltender. That gives Miller a great number to shoot for in a year his numbers are basically shot.
Quote:
Those 2010 Olympics seem far, far away as Miller deals with his worst season in the NHL. His goals-against average is 3.05 and his save percentage is .900, utterly pedestrian figures that don't even crack the top 30 in the NHL.
Quote:
But coach Lindy Ruff said, starting tonight in Carolina, the Sabres are going to ride their $6 million goaltender as they try to climb out of 11th place in the Eastern Conference. Don't look, for instance, for Miller and Jhonas Enroth to split this week's games against the Hurricanes and Winnipeg Jets.

"I really want to get Ryan going," Ruff said. "If he's feeling comfortable, playing well and not tired, I'm going to try to lean on him a little bit more and see if that helps him."
Quote:
Miller, in fact, has given up three or more goals an astonishing 14 times in his last 17 starts. Some games he's played poorly and others are like Tuesday's 4-3 win over Edmonton, where he gave up a weak first goal but couldn't do anything on two other shots on a night when he was relatively sharp.
Quote:
Hasek and Miller are the only two Sabres with 200 wins in Buffalo. Only six have at least 100.

"I knew going into the season kind of where the record was and it's something that's nice to be part of," Miller said. "Now, I know Dom did it all when there was no shootout and I'm sure he would have won more than a few shootouts in his day.
Quote:
Tops in the crease
The all-time goaltending victory leaders for the Buffalo Sabres

Dominik Hasek 234

Ryan Miller 231

Don Edwards 156

Martin Biron 134

Tom Barrasso 124

Bob Sauve 119
http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sa...icle698205.ece

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote