View Single Post
Old
01-06-2012, 03:45 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

vCash: 500
Obviously in the grand scheme of things us HF posters are pretty much as irrelevent as Jodie Shelley when it comes to impacting what the Flyers do. However, some people do have pretty good insight.

Having said this..what does matter is what the team thinks of Bryz and how they play in front of him and right now they are playing as though Bryz is an IED back there. Meltzer said as much today and Hartnell's comments about Bryz's "wake up call" support this.....

This is the real issue

Quote:
As for Bryzgalov, I don't know what to say. He made a couple tough stops last night but also allowed two goals he should have stopped. Bryz stands 6-foot-3 but he's making himself look very small in his net and is having trouble staying square to the shoot. The Brent Seabrook goal in particular was a bad one and couldn't have come at a worse time.

I personally don't care all that much that Bryz didn't speak to the media after the game but did find time to watch -- and Tweet about -- the dramatic Sweden-Russia gold medal game at the World Junior Championships last night. I'd rather he be silent than continue to grandstand for the cameras and microphones.

However, I do care that he's not stopping the puck he needs to stop and that the team in front of him has lost confidence in him. He has the ability to reverse all the negative talk about him if he performs at a high level. If he plays the way he has lately, he's actually better off making himself scarce.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill-...-1612/45/41092