View Single Post
Old
01-06-2012, 04:45 PM
Rust Heisenberg

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
For the last time, Dubinsky is not going anywhere in a deal for Ryan. Their salaries are almost the same. There's no way Anaheim would do that. If we get Ryan it will have to be some combination of Anisimov/Sauer/pick/prospect hopefully not Kreider but I wouldn't rule it out. They'd want CHEAP young players who can step in right away and make a difference.
You're not making much sense.

This is not a salary dump. Dubinsky would have to be included BECAUSE the salaries match up, not excluded. Anaheim has more cap flexibility than we do. To make it easier, without sending players down for us, we would send Dubi the other way. Anaheim is not strapped for cash so I see no substance to your claim that they wouldn't accept Dubinsky because of his salary.

Additionally, 4.2 mill for 1 more season is not expensive. It's moderate. He's certainly not cheap, but he's young, he's useful, can step in right away, and has a lower contract than Ryan.

And I don't care what the Ducks want. They might an entire team in exchange for Ryan, it doesn't mean they will get it. A realistic and fair trade, as i've stated before, would be Dubinsky, Sauer, prospect (whether that be Kreider, Thomas, Fasth, Zucarello, Mcilrath, or Erixon), and a 2nd or 3rd. If they want more they won't get it from us. If no other team offers them as much as the deal i've stated above the Rangers will have more leverage and thus possibly be able to negotiate Ryan's price down. You don't know what the market is for him, you don't know how desperate Anaheim's GM is to shake up their roster, you don't know how much they value our players.

What's been said before is that their GM values non-Russian players. That much can be proven, through his moves in the past. For whatever the reason he doesn't like to trade for them or sign them. So you can stop packaging Anisimov in every deal instead of Dubinsky. Your favoritism for Dubinsky won't keep him out of a deal if we're getting a better package in return. What's also evident is that our GM has a knack of coming out on top in trades. If there is mutual interest then a deal will get done and I doubt we get hosed. More likely the GM's can't meet eye to eye and Anaheim either deals him away to another bidder or keeps him in hopes that he can find the same success he's had in the past.