View Single Post
Old
12-19-2005, 04:11 PM
BigE

vCash: 500
Five Game stint: October 7th - October 15th

Rangers 1 - Atlanta Thrashers 3
Don't fix it, if it's not broken. This was my approach, and so I left the lines largely the same; Lundqvist also got the nod. Face-offs killed me here - go figure.

Rangers 2 - New Jersey 3 (SO) ---- In:Weekes. Out: Lundqvist
This was a bloody heart-breaker, but at least I picked up a point. Face-offs, again, are a problem. To this point, Taffe has absolutely fallen apart, and is a combined -5 through 3 games. Renney has limited his icetime, and he's a scratch.

Rangers 2 - New York Islanders 4 ---- In: Betts. Out: Taffe.
The return of Betts (2 week shoulder contusion) should have helped our face-off troubles, but there was very little improvement tonight. Dagger to the gut when you lose to the Isles. The second straight loss for Weekes, although he played very well. Jason Ward has had a terrible start to the season, and is playing nothing like his true-life counterpart (note to self, adjust ratings ).

Rangers 2 - Detroit Red Wings 4 ---- In: Lundqvist, Taffe. Out: Weekes, Ward
On the losing end of another close game, this one was a disappointment. The Wings are clearly a superior squad at this point, which is why I'm not too upset. There are some positives to take like the play of Fedor Tyutin and Max Kondratiev, in addition to Marcel Hossa (at this point a 7.35 rating, 3rd on the team).

Rangers 1 - Washington Capitals 7 ---- In: Lampman. Out: Roszival.
This game, unlike the last, is disappointing and Renney needs to lay his foot down! An absolutely lazy performance from our leaders in the room. The 7th man insert of Bryce Lampman failed horribly as he was a -5, with 0 S, and a bad penalty. Lundqvist, obviously, could have had a better game, but I am willing to be patient with him.

Review: Well some clear holes are starting to develop, early on in the season, which is a bit concerning. On a personal side note, I'm glad that I'm doing this because its giving me a chance to slow the season down and really evaluate what kind of problems we're experiencing.

I need to get better in the circles, and generally we need to start capitalizing on our chances. Funny, how those problems seem to mirror those of the true-life Rangers eh.

I've played to November 10th, and I'll be updating that shortly. Enjoy!

Last edited by BigE: 12-19-2005 at 04:19 PM.
BigE is offline   Reply With Quote