View Single Post
Old
01-06-2012, 06:40 PM
PMantis24
LGR!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
The one alarming thing this team needs is another top line winger. Dubi is a hit or miss.

Come playoff time does everyone feel comfortable that he'll be able to produce points and goals and make that 2nd line as dangerous as our 1st?

I certainly don't. What if he suddenly reverts back to how he was for the majority of the season? Additionally, I don't think he has very good chemistry on ice with Callahan and Richards. I'm not saying they don't have good chemistry in the locker room, but I just don't think they mesh well when they play together. Dubinsky's playing style disrupts the rhythm of that line.

Therefore we need another, more consistent (points producing), player to put on that 2nd line.
Have we been watching the same games? Dubi disrupting the rhythm of that line? If anything, Dubi has made that line better and woke Richards up. Did you watch last night's game against FLA? and all the games since he was moved back on that line.

I don't disagree that we could use another scoring LW, but I just disagree with your assessment of Dubi.

Honestly, I don't want to disrupt the chemistry we have currently have. For so many years we've just thrown together and bought pieces praying that they would develop chemistry. Outside of the Straka-Nylander-Jagr line we never had the kind of chemistry we have now throughout the team.

I'm in agreement with the posters that suggest all we need is a rental (Whitney, Ruutu, etc) we can get with just prospects and picks.