View Single Post
Old
01-06-2012, 08:08 PM
Ollie Queen
After 5 years...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
In a vacuum, I'd agree with you. But when looking at this rangers team, we're pretty solid throughout the lineup, but the one thing that could put us over the top is a top LW. You have to give to get, and I'm willing to lose Anisimov and Sauer and a prospect/pick if it means getting bobby Ryan, who is a young proven 30+ goal scorer still oozing with potential, and signed to a GREAT contract for his production. Nobody's suggesting we trade Anisimov for the sake of trading him, but he's likely the odd man out BECAUSE of all the positives you listed. He has value. He's on a good contract. He's young. He has potential to improve. He has a great skillset. For those reasons, he's attractive to other teams, and if we can make a clear upgrade, I wouldn't hesitate to include Anisimov in a bigger package to put us over the top.
Well every thing in my post SAYS that the only way it would make sense is in a package for a clear upgrade. The OP seemed to want to suggest that AA was disappointing compared to expectations, which I wanted to make clear should not be the case. I'd hate to move AA at all, on a personal level, because I just like him a lot, but if the package was for the right player, of course you have to be on board.

Ollie Queen is online now   Reply With Quote