View Single Post
Old
01-06-2012, 09:39 PM
TonySCV
Push to the 8th Tee

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Deitell View Post
I thought Quick was outstanding in the San Jose series last year. The defense just fell apart when the Sharks pressed. Most of their key goals were off turnovers or outnumbered attacks. If we had Kopitar in that series, I think we might have won it. Richards, even more so. So in that regard, if we were two players away last postseason, we could already have them now.
Yeah... Tis true.

Bottom line though it's the experience that these guys needed. Doughty and Johnson are still young, and they are our anchors on D along with Scuds and Mitchell. They got exposed in the playoffs and theyve learned from that (I do think they improved from Vancover to San Jose. Quick certainly did). Experience is the best acquisition most of the time.

Its a systems issue, not a personnel issue (let's face it,if Crawford were here the team would be potting 3-5 a night - and allowing that many), and so far what I've seen from Sutter is he's able to eek out enough minor system improvements to make a difference. (and some not so minor. Puck possession time has improved dramatically since he took over).

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote