View Single Post
Old
12-19-2005, 08:31 PM
Hockeylover

vCash: 500
I've been through in about the same process. I played very little until I was 35. One day I was invited to a game involving people at work at a rink. I just loved it my first experience in the rink! I was exhausted at the end of the game. I found it so hard, but did not give up. I returned at every game. I then needed to play much more than just once every other month. I then found out that there was ball hockey at the community center, twice a week. I tried it and enjoyed it. After six years at the gym, I thought that I'd better to go to a higher level of hockey. I then tried a league at the rink. It's my second year and get better every game. Two weeks ago I went back to the gym, and it helps me alot! It makes my legs stronger, so I can run faster and longer. It has become, as you said, a drug. I need it. Very few reasons would stop me from going. I am now 41, and intend to play as long as I can stand on my feet. If I can't manage to walk, then I'll do some other sports. I'll get a wheelchair, and play basketball on a wheelchair!