View Single Post
Old
01-07-2012, 01:31 AM
sushinsky4tsar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckschmuck View Post
Yep. Stuck in the SE with rediculous travel times for one more season. Absolutely brutal. There are certain teams, (like Minnesota and Winnipeg) that the league has no problem throwing under the bus just to appease the egos out on the east coast.

Lockout here we come.
If the planned realignment can't happen for 12-13, that sucks but oh well. But there is absolutely no excuse for making Winnipeg play in the SE one more season. I don't see why the NHL couldn't have adopted a contingency plan, even if it was a temporary solution out ahead of the master realignment plan.

There are willing volunteers from the West to go East. Nashville makes the most geographical sense for the SE, but if they don't want to deal with the ET, fine. Columbus might prefer the Atlantic, but I'm sure they would settle for the Southeast. If they can't work it out, then I even like the suggestion to swap directly w/ Minnesota and let the Wild take their crack at the SE for one season. Our travel wouldn't be anymore messed up than what it is right now.

Seriously, this should be an easy short term fix under the current division format which leaves everyone happier than the current setup:

*Columbus to SE
*Winnipeg to NW
*Dallas probably gets first dibs at the Central (because screw Minnesota), but that will only work if Colorado is agreeable to the Pacific. If not, then the Wild get the nod, tough nuts for at least one more season, Dallas.

Hopefully things will come together and Dallas, Winnipeg, and Minnesota are all in the Central soon enough.

sushinsky4tsar is offline   Reply With Quote